One Day For Water Contest 2023
FairGaze is launching a month-long online campaign, under SDG 6 on spreading awareness about depletion of ground water as a significant resource of water and encouraging sustainable actions towards water conservation among children, parents and the teachers (school community).The campaign will reach out to 100+ schools in India to fetch maximum participation and to generate awareness on SDG 6.
The pan-India SDG 6 campaign includes a story contest for students – where students share sustainable stories through Instagram that initiate actionable conversation around water conservation with a focus on groundwater awareness. Scheduled from 22 March to 22 April 2023, it will engage students, teachers, parents, educationists in meaningful discussions on ground water conservation and on inculcating a water-wise lifestyle.
Details of the Campaign
FairGaze proposes to run a national level student-led contest for 200+ schools in the country.
Students need to share stories of impactful actions taken by them to conserve water (especially ground water)
The stories will be evaluated by a panel of judges and
Winners will be awarded and all participants will receive a participation certificate
Who can participate- Students of classes 6th - 12th of any school across India.
Mode of participation- Online
Contest fee- The contest is free for all students.
Language Of Submissions- English/Hindi
A school can send as many entries as they want. However, each child is allowed to send only one entry.
All participants will be given certificates.
Steps to Participate
STEP 1: Participants register at sdg.fairgaze.com/one-day-for-water.html from 22 March to 22 April
STEP 2:After successful registration, students will receive their user ID and password details on their registered email.
STEP 3:They will then be required to submit their stories on their Instagram handle and tag FairGaze.
- Winners will be announced at the final announcement ceremony
Timelines of the campaign
Commencement of Registrations and Submissions -
22 March 2023
The final date of Registration and submission -
22 April 2023
Evaluation Round - 25 April - 5 May 2023
Winner announcement and Closing ceremony -
Mid May 2023
Objectives of the Campaign
- Enhance creativity while focusing on sustainable goals.
- To enhance motor skills through drawing.
- Foster awareness and understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) among the school community.
- Exposure of students to different communities and experiences outside of their own, making them more empathetic and caring.
- Improve analytical skills and encourage students to take actions to address climate change.
Prizes and Giveaways
- Participants will get the certificate issued by Fairgaze and India Is Us, NGO, and the sponsors.
- Fairgaze and India Is Us will feature the winner’s entry on their respective media networks.
- Two of the best contributors from partner schools will be recognized
- Participants who contributed their time and effort/ monetarily for the NGOs associated with this initiative will be presented with Gold, Silver, and Bronze
- certificates based on their contribution.
For any further details, please reach out to us at:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Yachi Sehrawat - +91 9717023501
Renu Sharma - +91 82879 59686
Vadham School of Excellence
Bajaj Public school
SD Public School
Pitampura, New Delhi
Maharishi Arvind Public School
Sarosh Junior College Of Science
THE SAMARTH SCHOOL
Wazirabad, New Delhi
MATOSHRI GLOBSL SCHOOL & JR. COLLEGE
Gondia (Gondiya), Maharashtra
Dayavati Dharambira Public School